Supply Chain Policy
La Brea Bakery – Policy on Slavery and Human Trafficking in our Supply Chain
In compliance with California Supply Chain Transparency Act of 2010, La Brea Bakery is disclosing our policies and procedures regarding slavery and human trafficking:
- We engage in verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery.
- We will conduct independent audits of suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with our standards for trafficking and slavery in supply chains, based on risk assessment of our supply chain.
- We will require our primary raw material suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into product produced for La Brea Bakery comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business.
- Our Internal Code of Conduct will prohibit slavery and human trafficking. All facilities are audited for workplace accountability.
- We provide company employees and management, who have direct responsibility for supply chain management, training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chains of products.
We reserve the right to verify the Suppliers’ compliance with the Code. If we become aware of any actions or conditions that are not in compliance with the Code, we reserve the right to demand corrective measures. We reserve the right to terminate an agreement with any Supplier who does not comply with the Code. Compliance for the supply chain will be verified by July 31, 2012.