- 8 Slices of La Brea Bakery Gluten Free White Bread
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Red Pepper, Chopped
- 20 ounces tuna, drained
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (90ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 12 pickles
- In a small bowl, combine onion and vinegar (vinegar should just cover onion; add more if it does not) and let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tuna with celery, red pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Drain onion well, then add to bowl. Mix gently until thoroughly combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Slightly toast bread then put pickles on one slice
- Spoon tuna salad onto 4 slices of toast, then close sandwiches and serve.