Sweet and savory, in perfect harmony. Thick-cut maple bacon, farm fresh eggs, and cheese served on our homemade maple-bacon “sticky roll” may be the best, most delicious way to start the day.
- La Brea Bakery Ciabatta Rolls (3oz square)
- Bacon slices, fully cooked
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Shallots, finely chopped
- Maple syrup
- Toast inside of Ciabatta Roll.
- Saute shallots in butter until soft. Roughly chop one piece of bacon and add to the shallots in a skillet. Add maple syrup, some water and combine to coat all. Spoon mixture over the top half of the Ciabatta Roll and brush to evenly cover the full surface. Set aside.
- Set a skillet over medium heat, add butter and cook egg sunny side up. To make the sandwich, add cheese to the bottom bun, then top with arugula and bacon. Place cooked egg on top and finish with the other half of the Ciabatta Roll. Serve.