This creamy chicken soup is the perfect fix for a cold day outside, served up in a tasty French Dinner Roll bread bowl.
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Onion, Diced
- 1/3 cup Carrots, Diced
- 1/3 cup Celery, Diced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Flour
- 3 cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup Cream
- 1 cup Ditalini Noodles, or other small shape
- 1 Tbsp White Miso, or to taste
- 1 cup Cooked Chicken, Diced
- ½ cup Frozen Peas
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- x Fresh Thyme, to finish
- Take & Bake French Dinner Roll - 6 pack
- Bake the La Brea Bakery French Rolls according to the package instructions.
- While the rolls are baking, make the soup. In a pot, heat up the butter over medium high heat.
- When butter is melted, add the onion and carrot. Cook, stirring, until slightly soft, 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to incorporate completely.
- Pour in the chicken broth in a thin stream and whisk constantly.
- Add the noodles and bring to a simmer to cook the pasta, timed according to the instructions on the box.
- Stir in cream and then the miso to taste.
- Stir in the chicken and peas.
- When the peas are warm, about 1 minute, season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- After the rolls are slightly cool, cut them into bread bowls: use a small knife to carefully cut off the top third of the roll. Hollow out the centers and fill with soup.
- Garnish with thyme and enjoy!
Recipe by i am a food blog