- 4 Slices of La Brea Bakery Italian Round Loaf (Cut 1/2 inch Thick, Grilled)
- 2 lbs Fresh Spring Peas
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Spring Onion, Sliced Thin (Including Green Part) and 1 Left Whole and Grilled
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint
- 1/2 Cup Fennel, Sliced Thin
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Blanch peas, remove husk, and set aside in a bowl of ice water.
- In a blender, add peas, fennel, garlic, salt and pepper, and half the herbs. Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a warm bowl with grilled bread on side, garnished with spring onion, and remaining herbs.