- 12 slices La Brea Bakery French Baguette crosswise into “1/2 pieces
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic (smashed and finely chopped) and 1 garlic clove halved
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary (picked and finely chopped)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 - 1 ½ pound each hanger steaks (trimmed, membrane removed and cut in half lengthwise)
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, combine the Dijon, smashed garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and zest, and crushed red pepper. Coat the steaks with the mixture let marinate in the fridge overnight or up to 2 hours in the fridge.
Preheat the grill. Season the steaks with salt.
When the grill is hot, brush it with oil. When the flames have dissipated place the steaks on a hot spot on the grill. Brush with the excess marinade and move the steaks out of the flame if there is a flare up. Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. While resting, brush olive oil on each side of baguette slices and grill until lightly brown. Remove and rub ½ garlic clove on 1 side of each piece. Slice steak and serve immediately.