Delicious fried chicken sliders recipe creates a two serving dish featuring a tasty Telera Roll from La Brea Bakery.
- 2 oz. Boneless Chicken Thighs
- ¼ Cups Whole Milk
- 68 gr. Flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Spoons Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoons Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons Granny Smith apple
- ¼ head Fennel, stems removed
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ½ tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil to taste, for brushing
- Take & Bake Telera Rolls
- Bring deep fry oil to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, submerge chicken thighs in milk, cover with plastic and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Next, in a medium bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Mix until evenly incorporated, set aside.
- Begin making the slaw. With a mixing bowl, combine vinegar, mustard and oil, whisk until vinaigrette binds together. Using a mandolin, positioned to a thin Julianne cut, slide your apple against the blades followed by the fennel. Gently fold the apple and fennel into the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the milk, drain off any excess liquid, and place in the flour mixture and dredge, shaking off any excess flour. Slowly lower chicken into the oil. Cook for 4 minutes, remove from oil and place on sheet tray lined with paper towel.
- While chicken is cooking, brush each inner half of the Telera Sliders with olive oil and toast on the grill.
- To assemble each slider, place Telera Sliders, toasted side up, on a clean work surface. Place fried chicken on the bottom portion of the bread, top with slaw and finish with remaining bread, serve immediately