- 1 Large loaf of stale La Brea Bakery Country White Sourdough Bread, torn into 1/4" cubes
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Bourbon*, plus more to soak cherries (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 cups pitted dark red cherries (fresh or jarred, drained)
*For an extra kick, soak your cherries in 1 cup of bourbon for 30+ minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs thoroughly, then add cream, milk, and bourbon. Then whisk in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Strain the cherries and fold into the bread mixture then pour into the greased baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake until puffed and golden brown on the top, about 1 hour. Set aside and cool completely.
Recipe by: Elizabeth Lane