Perfect for the holidays!
- ½ cup Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 12 oz. White Chocolate, Chopped
- 1 cup Cranberry Sauce or Jelly
- Telera Roll
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the diced bread on a baking sheet and dry in the oven for 10-15 minutes. They should be dry and lightly toasted but not dark and crunchy.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, yolks, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Bring the cream and milk to a simmer in a sauce pan. Reduce the heat to low and add the chocolate, stirring to prevent the chocolate from sticking to the bottom.
- Very slowly add one cup of the hot milk mixture into the eggs and sugar, whisking constantly. Add the rest of the hot milk, whisking constantly until well combined.
- In a small non-stick baking dish, put half of the diced bread, spreading it evenly to cover the bottom. Add half of the milk mixture to cover the bread.
- using a spoon or curved spatula place the cranberry jelly or sauce in small amounts evenly over the bread. Add the remaining bread and cover with the remaining milk mixture.
- Press lightly on the bread to soak in the milk. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven, cut into 4 pieces and serve.