- 1 French Baguette
- 6 oz Ribeye steak
- 2 oz of Blue Cheese
- 3 oz mixed mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Zhoug (favorite store bought)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Set oven to Bake and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Cut Baguette in half lengthwise. Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and place in the oven and bake until just starting to brown. Remove from oven.
- Put 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron or other heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Season meat with salt and pepper. When pan is hot but not smoking, put Ribeye in the pan and cook for 4 min and then turn and cook another 3 min or until temperature is medium and pink in center. Let rest for 10 minutes and then slice against grain of meat.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and then mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 mins, season with salt and set aside.
- To serve, place bread on a board, spread the Zhoug on the bottom and layer Ribeye on top. Add mushrooms and slices of blue cheese. Top with remaining piece of bread, cut and serve