Flavorful, tender, and delicious French dip sandwiches, cooked in a slow cooker right in the au jus! Delicious.
- 3 lbs. Beef Chuck Roast Trimmed of Excess Fat
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 12 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 ea. Large Onions, Sliced Thin
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp. Liquid Smoke
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Dry Minced Onions
- 1 Tbsp. Beef Bouillon
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 ea. Bay Leaves
- Demi French Baguette
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and cook until seared on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Slice onions thin, and mince garlic, and add to now empty skillet, cook for about 3-5 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Add to slow cooker along with all the slow cooker ingredients (soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, liquid smoke, beef broth, dry minced onions, beef bouillon, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, pepper, dried thyme, bay leaf).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, and slice into thin pieces, against the grain. Return to slow cooker for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Prepare take and bake La Brea French Demi Baguette according to package directions.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut demi baguette in half and line insides with provolone cheese slices.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, until cheese is nicely melted.
- Remove roast and fill French demi baguettes.
- Take the liquid left in the slow cooker, and strain it over a bowl, removing the onions and fat.
- Add onions to the sandwiches if desired.
- Use the broth that was strained into the bowl as the au jus.
Recipe by Eazy Peazy Mealz