- 1 La Brea Bakery Sourdough Baguette, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog, store-bought or homemade
- 2 tablespoons dark run (optional, can omit or use 2 teaspoons run extract)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Whipped cream and maple syrup for serving
- Slice the baguette in 1" thick slices and set aside to dry out a bit. This can be for 15 minutes, as you prep the batter, or for up to 48 hours on your countertop.
- Whisk together eggs, eggnog, vanilla extract, cinnamon, rum and nutmeg.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat or use non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip each side of your slices in the eggnog mixture and put them in the pan.
- Cook until each side is golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Add butter or cooking spray to the pan as needed for cooking.
- Plate and top with butter, whipped cream and syrup.
Recipe by: Colleen Lietz