The perfect holiday table brussels sprouts: Crispy, tender, roasted, cheesy, herby, and tossed with chunks of roasted bread and pomegranate.
- 3 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 7-8 cups of brussels sprouts halves)
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots (about one medium-large shallot)
- 15-20 fresh sage leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher or medium coarse sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 4-5 cups La Brea Bakery Three Cheese Semolina Loaf (torn in 2-3 inch chunks)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place brussels sprouts halves, shallots, and sage in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then add the bread chunks, toss, sprinkle with another 1/4 cup parmesan, and continue to bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when edges are crispy and browning, sprinkle with red wine vinegar, toss, and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
Recipe by: Kale & Caramel