There is nothing better than a bowl of mussels complemented by our Roasted Garlic loaf. Divine!
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Shallots, large
- 2 cups Dry White Wine
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 lbs. Cultivated Mussels
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Tarragon Leaves
- Roasted Garlic Loaf
- Heat grill to high.
- Sprinkle garlic with a pinch of salt. With the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the garlic to a coarse paste.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot on the grates of the grill, add the shallots and garlic and cook until shallots soften.
- Add the wine, bring to a boil and stir in the mussels. Cover the pot and cook the mussels until all of them have opened, about 6 to 8 minutes, discard any that do not open.
- Brush both sides of the bread with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill until lightly golden brown and repeat on other side.
- Remove the mussels with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Bring the cooking liquid to a simmer and whisk in the butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir in the tarragon.
- Pour the mixture over the mussels and serve immediately with the grilled bread.