Our popular Telera roll is a delicious and slightly sweet platform for this sandwich.
- 1 lbs. Flank Steak
- 8 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 slices Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Horseradish Cream
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- ½ cups Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly Grated Horseradish
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp. White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Telera Roll
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook another 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are fully cooked and onions are golden brown.
- Liberally season the steak with salt and pepper. In the same pan, add steak and another ½ Tbsp. of olive oil. Cook steak until browned on both sides and rare in the middle, about 3 minutes on each side. Let sit for about 5 minutes and then slice into strips.
- Brush remaining olive oil on both sides of the Telera rolls. Layer the steak, onions, mushrooms and cheese on one piece of bread. Slather the 1 Tbsp. of horseradish cream on the other half of the roll and press down.
- Grill each sandwich on a Panini press for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and oozing.