This isn't just any ham and grilled cheese sandwich. This recipe calls for Taleggio and a hint of rosemary and olive oil. Delicious!
- 6 oz. Taleggio, Sliced
- 2 tsp. Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 4 Ham Slices
- 2 Tbsp. Softened Butter
- Rosemary Olive Oil Round Loaf
- In a small bowl, mix the cheese and thyme.
- Arrange bread slices on a flat surface and butter each slice of bread on one side and lay the bread out butter side down.
- Spread each slice with mustard.
- Sprinkle cheese and Thyme on one side and top with the ham. Put remaining slice of bread on top to finish sandwich.
- Heat a large nonstick pan or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Put as many sandwiches as well fit in the pan or on the griddle without crowding, cover, and cook until the cheese has just begun to melt and the bread is golden brown.
- Turn the sandwiches, pressing each one firmly with a spatula to flatten slightly.
- Cook the sandwiches uncovered until the bottom is golden brown, about 1 minute.