These mini bread bowls filled with cheesy French onion dip are sure to be a hit with guests at your next get together.
- ¼ cup Butter, Salted
- 1 Large White Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ¼ cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- ½ cup Low Fat Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese, Thin slices cut in half
- x Pretzels for dipping
- Take & Bake French Dinner Roll - 8 pack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Carefully cut the top of each roll off, about 1/2 inch down from the top. Leaving a 1/2 inch border, hollow out each roll, saving the inside and cutting into cubes. You can also cut the top of each roll into cubes. Lay the rolls on a large baking sheet as well as the cubed insides. Spray with olive oil spray or drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic to the butter and stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until the onions are fully caramelized and translucent.
- Add the broth and wine to the onions and stir to combine. As soon as its all simmering, reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, and salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the onion dip mixture into each bread bowl, about 2 tablespoons per roll. The dip should be just slightly higher than the top of the opening.
- Bake uncovered for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place half a slice of Swiss over the top of each bread bowl.
- Return to the oven and switch to broil. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the Swiss is bubbly and the bread is slightly browned/crisp.
- Serve immediately with the toasted bread cubes and extra pretzels for dipping.
Recipe by: The Cookie Rookie