Loaded with indulgent melted cheese, smokey bacon flavor and just the right amount of jalapeno spice, this recipe is sure to be a hit at your next get together.
- ¾ cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- ¾ cup Cheddar, Shredded
- 1 cup Cooked Bacon, Chopped (About one 12 oz package uncooked)
- 1/3 cup Pickled Jalapenos, Chopped
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Italian Round Loaf
1. Heat the oven to 350°. Place both cheeses in a medium bowl along with the bacon and chopped jalapeños. Toss to combine; set aside.
2. Place the bread on a cutting board and slice the bread into 1 inch slices, making sure not to cut all the way through the bread. Rotate the bread 90°and slice the bread again creating a cross hatch appearance.
3. Carefully stuff all the newly created crevasse of the bread with the cheese mixture.
4. Drizzle the melted butter over the entire loaf. Use a pastry brush to brush the top of the bread with a residual butter left in the dish.
5. Wrap the load tightly with tin foil that’s been sprayed with a little non-stick spray. Place the loaf on a baking sheet and put into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Increase the heat to 400°F, remove from oven, and carefully unwrap the bread. Place back into the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 until crisp and lightly browned.
7. Removed from oven, remove foil, and enjoy.
Recipe by: The Broken Bread