Adding avocado to almost anything is an improvement. This grilled cheese recipe is no different. (Hint: add bacon and really up your game.)
- ½ – Ripe Avocado
- 4 slices – pepper jack cheese
- 2 tsp – Butter
- 1 pinch – Garlic Salt
- La Brea Bakery Three Cheese Semolina Loaf
- Preheat medium skillet or similar for 2 minutes.
- Lightly coat one side of each slice of bread in butter and place in the preheated pan butter side down. Place 2 slices of pepper jack cheese on each slice of bread and wait as it begins to melt.
- Slice the avocado lengthwise and add on top of one of the slices of bread in the pan. Sprinkle a pinch of garlic salt on top of the avocado to taste.
- Carefully transfer the other slice of bread cheese side down to complete the assembly of the sandwich.
- Press lightly with a spatula and continue to cook until the bottom side of the sandwich is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Flip the sandwich and cook for 2-3 more minutes until the outside of the bread is golden brown and melted cheese is visible.
- Cut in half and enjoy!