Impress your guests with this delicious Mediterranean dish.
- 4 ½ inch Thick Rounds Provolone Cheese
- 1 Medium Tomato cored and cut into small cubes
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves (1 minced, 1 cut in half)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Marjoram or Oregano
- ¼ Tbsp. Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ oz. Balsamic Vinegar
- French Baguette
- Position oven rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Arrange four 5” to 6” individual shallow gratin dishes on a rimmed baking sheet. Put 1 round of provolone in each dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, garlic, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, marjoram, ¼ tsp. salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Divide the tomato mixture among the four gratin dishes, scattering it over and around the cheese. Bake until the cheese is slightly melted, about 5 minutes.
- Rub Baguette pieces with garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Grill or toast until crusty and golden brown
- Drizzle each serving with ¼ tsp. of the balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.