This grilled cheese comes complete with all of the cheesy goodness you remember from childhood while also catering to a slightly more sophisticated palate.
- 1 cup – Sautéed spinach
- ½ cup – Artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 slices – Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp – Olive oil
- 2 tsp – Butter
- La Brea Bakery Take & Bake Tuscan Loaf
- On medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a medium pan.
- Once the pan is hot, add fresh spinach and chopped artichoke hearts.
- Toss to coat the spinach and artichoke hearts in the olive oil, cover and sauté over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooking, preheat a separate frying pan for 2 minutes.
- Lightly coat one side of each slice of bread in butter and place in the preheated pan butter side down. Place 2 slices of Swiss cheese on each slice of bread.
- Once the cheese begins to melt, the artichokes and spinach should be sautéed. Add the sautéed vegetables on top of 1 of the slices of bread. Carefully transfer the other slice of bread cheese side down to complete the assembly of the sandwich.
- Press lightly with a spatula and continue to cook until the bottom side of the sandwich is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Flip the sandwich and cook for 2-3 more minutes until the outside of the bread is golden brown.
- Plate, cut in half and serve.