Our whole grain loaf is the perfect platform for this delicious and decadent breakfast sandwich.
- 4 Large Eggs
- 8 oz. Fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 oz. Fresh Goat Cheese, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley as garnish
- Whole Grain Loaf
- Set oven to warm or lowest temperature setting (usually 200 degrees). Lightly toast the sliced bread and place in oven on an oven safe sheet pan. Crack the eggs into a bowl being careful not to break the yolks. Put two large (preferably non-stick) saute pans on medium heat. Add two Tbsp. of olive oil to each pan.
- Gently add the eggs to one pan and sprinkle evenly with one tsp. of salt and 4 quarter turns of the pepper mill. Immediately after adding the eggs, place the spinach in the other pan, one handful at a time, tossing or stirring the spinach in the pan between handfuls, until all the spinach is added. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 quarter turns of the pepper mill.
- Remove spinach from heat and lightly squeeze the excess water from the spinach. When eggs have cooked to your desired doneness, place a piece of bread on each plate and spread each evenly with the goat cheese. Divide the spinach evenly between each piece of bread. Using a soft spatula, divide the eggs into four sets of two and carefully transfer them to the bread, on top of the spinach. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.