A quick and easy favorite. This recipe features flakey smoked trout, creamy fava bean hummus, and topped with just a touch of tart pickled red onion.
- 4 oz. Smoked Trout
- 4 oz. Pickled Red Onion
- x Fava Bean Hummus:
- 2 cup Fresh Fava Beans, Cooked
- 4 oz. Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 ea. Shallot, Chopped Fine
- 1 ea. Garlic Clove
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- x Gribiche Sauce:
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Chervil, Packed
- 2 ea. Hard-Boiled Eggs, Peeled and Roughly Chopped
- 4 ea. Cornichons, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Salt-Packed Capers, Rinsed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Whole Grain Loaf
- To make the fava bean hummus, combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the gribiche sauce, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a small food processor and whip until thoroughly combined.
- Toast the bread lightly.
- Top with fava beans, smoked trout, pickled red onions and gribiche sauce. Serve immediately.