Gruyere Grilled Cheese with Sautéed Chard.
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Leaves Swiss Chard, stem removed and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cups Coarsely Grated Gruyere
- ¼ cups Grated Mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Shallot
- ¼ cup Thinly Sliced Apple
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Whole Grain Mustard
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Italian Round Loaf
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil in a pan and add Chard. Sautee for 3-4 minutes until soft, remove from pan into a bowl and reserve.
- While preparing the sandwiches, start preheating your cast iron or grill pan over medium heat.
- Combine both grated cheeses and the finely chopped shallot.
- On two slices of the bread, divide the mustard and spread to all edges of the bread. Lay two to three slices of thinly sliced apple on top.
- Divide the shredded cheese on top of the apple slices in an even layer. Lastly, divide the sautéed greens on top of the cheese and top with the remaining slice of bread.
- Drizzle olive oil on the top, an optional sprinkle of sea salt and put it in the pan, oiled side down. Cover with a press if using and cook for two minutes.
- Drizzle oil on top and flip the sandwich over, cook for another two minutes until the cheese is melted through. Cut in half and serve warm.