Make the most of our Holiday Stuffing Loaf with this tasty fried chicken recipe.
- 2/3 cup Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp. Coarse Salt
- 1 qt. Buttermilk
- 1 ea. Chicken (3-4 lbs. cut into 10 pieces)
- 3 cup Vegetable Oil
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Holiday Stuffing Loaf
- Place all 10 slices of bread in the food processor and pulse until the bread becomes a semi-fine bread crumb texture. Transfer to a wide shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together buttermilk, 2 tablespoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, then submerge in buttermilk mixture. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil to 350°F.
- In batches, lift chicken from buttermilk, letting excess drip off, and dredge in bread crumbs and gently place in hot oil.
- Fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 16 to 20 minutes per batch, flipping once (adjust heat if browning too quickly). With tongs, transfer chicken to rack to drain, 5 minutes.