- 1 Take & Bake French Sandwich Roll slides lengthwise
- 1⁄2 lb skirt steak or similar cut
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto (favorite recipe or store bought)
- 1 plum tomato sliced 2 inches thick lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp garlic aioli (favorite recipe or store bought)
- 1 Tsp Salt and pepper
- Oil spray
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Spray grates with oil. While the grill is heating, season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper and then place on the grill. Cook for 3 minutes. While cooking, spray the roll with oil and grill until just starting to get golden brown on edges. After 3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the temperature of the steak is medium.. Remove and let rest for 3-5 minutes and then slice against the grain of meat into 1⁄4 pieces.
- To build, spread 1 Tbsp of garlic aioli on the bottom roll and then add the roasted tomatoes. Next, place the cooked steak on top. Spoon the basil pesto over the steak and top with remaining roll. Serve warm.
To make the roasted tomato:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice plum tomatoes into 2 inch pieces lengthwise and place on a baking sheet. Spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven and let roast for 10 minutes or until soft. Remove and set aside.