Brought to you by White on Rice Couple.
- ½ cup Butter Melted
- Choose 3 cheeses: Cheddar, American, Gruyere, Swiss, Fontina, or any good melting cheeses.
- Salami, Ham, or any other of your favorite meat fillings
- (Optional) Sliced Tomato, Onions, Pickles, etc.
- Pain Rustique
- Heat the grill on low heat. Brush the inside and outside of the loaf halves with the melted butter.
- Place the loaf halves cut side down on the grill. Grill interior of loaf until it just begins to become light golden.
- Remove the loaf halves from the grill and immediately layer in the cheese and any other fillings desired on the bottom loaf half. Top with the upper loaf half and carefully return to the grill.
- Grill both sides until golden and cheese is melted through (it's ok to have a little char on the bread - that's grilling deliciousness).
- Remove from the grill and slice into individual portions. Best served warm.
Recipe adapted from White on Rice Couple.