A hearty sandwich that is as easy to make as it is delicious.
- 8 Slices Thick-Cut Cooked Bacon
- 1 cups Caramelized Onions
- 2 cups Coarsely Grated Gruyere
- Sourdough Baguette
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange bread cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Arrange onion mixture on the bottom piece, followed by the cheese and the bacon slices. Top with the remaining bread.
- Bake sandwich in the oven until the cheese is melted about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and cut into 8 pieces.
Note: To caramelize your own onions, use 2 large yellow onion cut into rings, enough for 1 cup. Coat a large skillet with olive oil. Place onion rings into skillet and sauté over medium heat, stir frequently. Once they soften and begin to brown, reduce the heat to low. Caramelize slowly, stirring occasionally until deep brown and very soft, about 40 minutes.