A savory appetizer that is sure to please your taste buds.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Butter
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 14 ½ oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 ½ cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ½ cup Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- ¼ cup Finely Shredded Parmesan
- Frozen Take & Bake French Dinner Roll - 6 pack
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F. Cut the top off of each roll, about 1/3-inch-thick and reserve for later.
- Scoop out most of the inside of the remaining roll, leaving approximately 1/3-inch thickness all the way around to form a bowl. Brush inside and top with olive oil.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, place the butter and garlic and stir to combine. Allow the butter to melt and begin to foam and stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken stock and cook an additional 5 minutes then lower heat to simmer (lowest setting).
- Increase the heat under the tomato mixture to medium and add the mozzarella to the pan and stir to combine and melt the cheese.
- Spoon this mixture into the bread bowls and top with the Parmesan before returning to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with the tops that were removed, on the side for dipping.