Great fall flavors make for a cozy meal for the family.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, peeled, diced 1/2
- 2 ½ cups Chicken Stock
- 3 cups (Packed) Baked Sweet Potato, skin removed
- 1 Tbsp. Fine Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Cranberry Sauce
- French Baguette
- In a tall sauce pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and then the garlic and sauté for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the onion, salt and pepper, and cook for five minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken stock and potato and brink to a boil, stirring to combine.
- Reduce heat , add cream and simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and, using a hand blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and return to very low heat until serving.
- Toast the bread and spread the cranberry sauce to cover one side of each slice.
- Serve the soup in bowls with cranberry croustades on the side.